BY MY DAILY FIND STAFF
Westfield Topanga is the top spot in the 818 for Fashion’s Night Out on September 10, joining Los Angeles (“over the hill”), New York City and other national and international cities for this one evening affair that originated last year in New York. Vogue Magazine and the Fashion Designers of America worked together for a global initiative created to celebrate fashion, restore consumer confidence, boost the industry’s economy, and put the fun back in shopping.
Hosted by the Mayor Antonio Villaraigsa’s Office of Economic and Business Policy (OEBP), over 200 Los Angeles retailers all over Los Angeles will participate. Fashion block parties will include celebrity and designer appearances at various shopping districts, including Melrose Ave., South Robertson Blvd., West Third Street, Abbot Kinney, Los Feliz, Downtown Los Angeles, Westfield Century City, The Grove, and Beverly Center.
Staying local, here’s the 411 on everything happening in the 818 at Westfield Topanga in Canoga Park. The fun starts at 6 pm.
Spend $200 at participating stores that evening to receive a $40 Westfield gift card and access to the Fashion Lounge on the Level 2 Dining Terrace which will feature delicious bites from Pink Taco and wine from Malibu Family Wines. Then stay for a screening of Lagerfeld Confidential on the outdoor screen at 9pm.
Check out these in-store events, promotions and deals:
• 7 For All Mankind – DJ spinning and champagne while you shop.
• Aveda – Makeovers, hairstyle touch ups and mini spa treatments.
• Banana Republic – 25% off when you spend $100 or more.
• BCBGMAXAZRIA – Champagne, exclusive gifts and a chance to win a trip to the Fall 2011 runway show in New York.
• Bebe – Exclusive discount and Gift With Purchase. See store for details.
• Betsey Johnson – Receive a special gift when you spend $300 or more.
• Bloomingdale’s – Free Elie Tahari merino wool cowl when you spend $500 or more with an Elie Tahari stylist.
• Bric’s – First 20 people to spend $100 will receive a versatile 3 in 1 XBag Sportina.
• Charles David – 20% off select styles curanted by the founders of whowhatwear.com and snag the Model Boot for only $99 (regularly $175).
• Cole Haan – Sweet treats while you shop the Fall 2010 collections featuring the new Inspired Life campaign.
• Crabtree & Evelyn – Free IRIS traveler when you spend $40 or more.
• Eileen Fisher – Special gift when you spend $75 or more.
• Fresh – Champagne and customized step by step skincare and makeup consultations.
• Herve Leger – Champagne while you shop the Fall 2010 collection and an exclusive Gift With Purchase.
• J. Crew – Special gift hand selected by Creative Director, Jenna Lyons, when you spend $150 before taxes.
• Kate Spade – Sips, snacks and an exclusive FNO cosmetics case for purchase only at the event, plus one lucky shopper will win a Festive Fete Gift Bag including a handbag and voucher for a private shopping party with 20 of your friends.
• Metropark – 15% off any regularly priced purchase.
• Origins – Free mini-dual lipgloss with any $55 purchase ($15 value).
• Pandora – Free Pandora clasp bracelet when you spend $150 or more. See store for details.
• Papyrus – 20% off fashion items, plus buy 3 cards, get 2 cards free.
• Pink Taco – $5 House Margaritas all night long.
• Sephora – Skincare consultations from Amore Pacific and a special gift with any purchase.
• Theory – Special gift with any purchase.
• Thomas Pink – Complimentary pair of woven silk button cufflinks when you spend $200 or more.
• Tourneau – Trunk show of special watches, plus enter to win a watch valued at up to $1500 and receive a gift bag with a $250 gift card toward the purchase of $1000 or more.
• True Religion – Special gift when you spend $150 or more.
• Victoria’s Secret – Complimentary bra fittings, fragrance samples with any purchase, and free tote bag with approved Angel credit card application.
• The Walking Company – See the latest from UGG Australia and enter to win a pair of UGG Classics, plus an UGG gift with any UGG Australia purchase.
• William Rast – Spend over $250 at William Rast and receive access to the VIP in-store event hosted by Justin Timberlake and Trace Ayala during Fashion’s Night Out, September 10. Enjoy 901 Tequila cocktails, DJ, raffle prizes and special promotions, plus the exclusive launch of William Rast eyewear and pre-order William Rast footwear.